Minnesota Brownfields supports the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) national Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) program.
Minnesota Brownfields is a designated state partner for Minnesota with Kansas State University. TAB assistance is tailored to the specific needs of a community and is usually coordinated through the city, tribal or non-profit brownfields project manager.
Several services can be provided under the TAB program:
- Provide guidance through the brownfields process and assist with plotting a course of action
- Identifying potential funding sources
- Assist communities with the potential for environmental justice issues access federal, state and regional resources
- Serving as liaison between you, state or federal agencies, or other entities
- Help finding and contracting with a consulting firm
- Review and summary of technical documents
- Assistance with community outreach
- Redevelopment visioning workshops
- Assist with staff training regarding brownfields issues
- Technical presentations (e.g., workshops and seminars)
Past TAB workshops are listed on our Past Events page.
For more information about TAB or a future workshop, call (651) 402-8676.