Member Only Event: Tour of Treasure Island Center and St. Paul Saints Game
Spend a summer evening by touring the newly redeveloped Treasure Island Center in downtown St. Paul and enjoying a St. Paul Saints game at Minnesota’s favorite minor league baseball stadium, CHS Field. This event is a member-only event with our partners at the Economic Development Association of Minnesota (EDAM).
On the tour, hear from the St. Paul Port Authority about the story behind the redevelopment of the Treasure Island Center, including the building process and the prospects for what the building means for St. Paul. Following the tour, make the walk to CHS Field to watch the St. Paul Saints take on the Wichita Wingnuts ($1 beer night at the Saints game).
The Treasure Island Center takes the spot of the former Macy’s building, which had been vacant for a number of years. The redevelopment features the TRIA Rink on the top floor of the building where the Minnesota Wild will practice. The St. Paul Port Authority facilitated redevelopment features other key tenants, including Tim Hortons, Stacked Deck Brewing, Walgreens, Treasure Island Resort & Casino, Minnesota Housing, and TRIA Orthopedic.
Thursday, July 26, 2018
Tour of Treasure Island Center: 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM
St. Paul Saints game begins at 7:05 PM
Meet for the tour in the hallway just inside the 400 North Wabasha Street entrance (between Walgreens, Tim Horton’s and TRIA Orthopedic)
There is a parking ramp located within the Treasure Island Center which can be accessed on the 6th Street side of the building (21 East 6th Street) or on the Wabasha Street Side of the building (428 Wabasha Street North). More information here.
|Weekday Evenings (5PM – 6AM)||$2.00/hr for a max of $4.00|
Registration: Limited to First 20 Registrants
$10 (Member Only Event) – Register Here
More information here.
U.S Environmental Protection Agency Grant-Writing Workshop for Minnesota and Wisconsin Communities
“The Technical Assistance to Brownfields Program (TAB) at Kansas State University and Minnesota Brownfields have partnered together to present this free workshop. The workshop is designed to offer tools and tips for grant writing and preparing a successful U.S. EPA Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund or Cleanup (ARC) Grant proposal. In addition, come learn about other valuable federal and state resources available to assist with your brownfields redevelopment project as well as a summary of the Brownfields Utilization, Investment and Local Development (BUILD) Act and its implications for the future of brownfields redevelopment. This workshop is held in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, and Minnesota Employment and Economic Development.” – Technical Assistance to Brownfields Program (TAB) at Kansas State University
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
8:45 AM – 3:00 PM
La Crosse State Office Building, Rooms 19 & 20, 550 Mormon Coulee Road, La Crosse, WI 54601
Brownfields Bootcamp: An Educational Series for New Brownfield Professionals
Are you a recent graduate or newer redevelopment professional looking to broaden and deepen your base knowledge and skills across a range of disciplines? This customized training sequence brings subject matter experts together with newer professionals from diverse fields consisting of: economic development specialists, environmental remediation specialists, engineers, developers, construction professionals, attorneys, lenders, regulatory department staff (including stormwater, solid waste, and tax forfeiture), and more. Participants will learn and connect as a cohort with topic experts to learn the fundamentals and start-to-finish best practices of brownfield redevelopment using real-world case studies, to help participants stay competitive and accelerate redevelopment projects.
Limited Space Available: Unlike Minnesota Brownfields traditional programming, this sequence is capped at 50 in-person participants to build a strong and connected cohort.
Distance Learning Option: By demand, this sequence will be available via live stream/videoconferencing. This option is a good choice for attendees outside of Minnesota, or for Minnesota attendees who are unable to attend all sessions in person.
- Hands-on, practical training that will equip newer professionals with the skills and knowledge in a range of areas representing all facets of contaminated site remediation and redevelopment. An understanding of how developers, brokers, environmental professionals, attorneys, and regulators work together to complete a successful brownfield redevelopment.
- Brownfield Bootcamp Insiders’ binder of redevelopment resources and references.
- Networking opportunity with diverse redevelopment sector professionals.
- Continuing education credits: Continuing Legal Education (CLE); Professional Development Hours (PDH) for Engineers, Geologists and Landscape Architects.
- Certificate of completion (full course attendance required).
- Course consists of six content sessions, three tours, and two social events.
- 100% attendance is required to receive certificate of completion (in-person or live stream participation).
- Public Sector/Non-Profit rate: $345
- Private Sector rate: $695
Schedule: All sessions start at 2:00 P.M. and finish by 4:30 P.M.
Speakers and venues will be added in June
- Session 1: September 19, 2018 – Brownfield Redevelopment Primer (location: 701 Xenia Ave South, St. Louis Park, 55416)
- Session 2: October 24, 2018 – Site Investigations
- Session 3: December 6, 2018 – Response Action Plans and Materials Management
- Project Site Tour & Social Reception: January 16, 2019
- Session 5: February 20, 2019 – Risk and Exposure
- Session 6: March 20, 2019 – Project Financing – includes project site tour. (location: Northern Stacks Dr, Fridley, 55421)
- Session 7: April 24, 2019 – Finalizing the Brownfield Project (includes project site tour and social reception)
Please direct any questions or requests to info@mnbrownfields or call 651-328-4402.
ReScape Awards – Thursday, November 15
Visit our ReScape Awards page for more information.