Are you a recent graduate or newer redevelopment professional looking to broaden and deepen your base knowledge and skills across a range of disciplines? This customized training sequence brings subject matter experts together with newer professionals from diverse fields consisting of: economic development specialists, environmental remediation specialists, engineers, developers, construction professionals, attorneys, lenders, regulatory department staff (including stormwater, solid waste, and tax forfeiture), and more. Participants will learn and connect as a cohort with topic experts to learn the fundamentals and start-to-finish best practices of brownfield redevelopment using real-world case studies, to help participants stay competitive and accelerate redevelopment projects.
Limited Space Available: Unlike Minnesota Brownfields traditional programming, this sequence is capped at 50 in-person participants to build a strong and connected cohort.
Distance Learning Option: By demand, this sequence will be available via live stream/videoconferencing. This option is a good choice for attendees outside of Minnesota, or for Minnesota attendees who are unable to attend all sessions in person.
- Hands-on, practical training that will equip newer professionals with the skills and knowledge in a range of areas representing all facets of contaminated site remediation and redevelopment. An understanding of how developers, brokers, environmental professionals, attorneys, and regulators work together to complete a successful brownfield redevelopment.
- Brownfield Bootcamp Insiders’ Guide of redevelopment resources and references.
- Networking opportunity with diverse redevelopment sector professionals.
- Continuing education credits: Continuing Legal Education (CLE); Professional Development Hours (PDH) for Engineers, Geologists and Landscape Architects.
- Certificate of completion (full course attendance required).
- Course consists of six content sessions, three tours, and two social events.
- 100% attendance is required to receive certificate of completion (in-person or live stream participation).
- Public Sector/Non-Profit rate: $345
- Private Sector rate: $695
Schedule: All sessions start at 2:00 P.M. and finish by 4:30 P.M.
Speakers and venues will be added in June
- Session 1: September 19, 2018 – Brownfield Redevelopment Primer (location: 701 Xenia Ave South, St. Louis Park, 55416)
- Session 2: October 24, 2018 – Site Investigations
- Session 3: December 6, 2018 – Response Action Plans and Materials Management
- Project Site Tour & Social Reception: January 16, 2019
- Session 4: February 20, 2019 – Risk and Exposure
- Session 5: March 20, 2019 – Project Financing – includes project site tour (location: Northern Stacks Dr, Fridley, 55421)
- Session 6: April 24, 2019 – Finalizing the Brownfield Project – includes project site tour and social reception
Please direct any questions or requests to info@mnbrownfields or call 651-328-4402.