Environmental Justice Brownfield Assessment Grants
Funds are available to assess brownfield sites located in underserved communities throughout the 7-county metropolitan area.
Through this program, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) can provide assistance to projects that require assessment of brownfield properties for reuse/redevelopment, including green space uses. Work is completed by approved MPCA Contractors.
Please review the grant application for detailed information about eligibility. Minnesota Brownfields is proud to partner with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) in this initiative to address environmental disparities and spur redevelopment in underserved neighborhoods.
Questions? Please contact Hava Blair, Program Manager: email@example.com – 612.513.4301
This grant is intended to support site assessment in areas of concern for environmental justice throughout the 7-county metropolitan area. You may view the MPCA’s map of environmental justice areas here. It is possible to search for a specific address in the search bar on the left side.
Additional priorities include:
- Community-driven projects, projects that incorporate community input
- Economic development in the form of job creation or taxable returns
- Community development including affordable housing, key services, and healthcare
- Creation of open space or green space
- Green infrastructure
- Sustainable development or smart growth including renewable energy, mixed-use development, and transit-oriented development
This work is made possible through a Brownfields Assessment Grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Questions? Please Contact Hava Blair, Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org – 612.513.4301