Brownfields 2015 will be held in Chicago September 2-4, 2015. I attended a local planning committee meeting in Chicago on November 12 along with 70 other representatives from throughout EPA Region V. What I learned:
- Downtown Chicago will be center-stage with conference sessions split between the Hilton Chicago and the nearby Palmer House Hilton. The Hilton Chicago has 5200 rooms (hint: don’t wait to book your room). Hotel info will be available in December.
- Regardless of conference location, Region V sends more attendees than any other EPA Region (yay, Region V!).
- The highest EPA Brownfields conference attendance was in Detroit in 2009 (7000+ attendees).
- 500-600 conference session ideas are expected by the December 8 deadline. Learn more here.
- The 2015 conference will feature more educational sessions than ever. Mobile workshops will all occur on September 1.
With the spectacular City of Chicago as a backdrop, it should be a great conference. To learn more, visit the EPA Brownfields 2015 conference website.